love.....love is...

 

 

A celebration of should-have-beens and shooting stars. This collection stays in the USA, in the later 60's, capturing a sort of hopeful vibe yet trying to cope with a lot of the dark things that were going down. As the title implies there is definitely a love theme here. All sorts of loves in all sorts of ways. I've put some of my favourite people, like the Beau Brummels from their masterpiece Bradley's Barn, the remarkable Margo Guryan, with her solid workout 'Love'. Kicking off with the legendary Californian eclectic supremos Kaleidoscope, then meet more of the people who might tell you what...love...is.......


The Link

1. In the Night - Kaleidoscope

2. Train For Tomorrow - Electric Prunes

3. The Truth Is Not Real - Sagitarius

4. Lost Sea Shanty - Circus Maximus

5. Deep Water - Beau Brummels

6. Tomorrow - Dino Valente

7. Triad - The Byrds

8. All my Dreams Blue - Youngbloods

9. We're in Love - Merry-Go-Round

10. What Is Love - The Collectors

11. Can You Dig It - Monkees

12. Love - Margo Guryan

13. Water Woman - Spirit

14. My Friend Today - Left Banke

15. I Ain't No Miracle Worker - The Chocolate Watch Band 

16. Don't Make Promises - Tim Hardin

17. It's a Beautiful Day Today - Moby Grape

18. Sit Down I Think I Love You - Buffalo Springfield

No comments:

Post a Comment